DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


"The elephant man of the robot world? No, but he is paranoid!"

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... one of my favourite books is arriving soon as a big screen movie, I am cautiously optimistic about it - especially as it stars Martin 'The Office' Freeman as Arthur Dent.

If you don't know Hitchhikers - here's a quick plot synopsis:
Mere seconds before the Earth is to be demolished by an alien construction crew, journeyman Arthur Dent is swept off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher penning a new edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."
I can still remember having my copy of Hitchhikers confiscated in French class in school where I'd been reading it under the desk. "Good book" the teacher said as she took it away - I later spotted her reading it in the staff room...

No comments: