DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Friday, July 01, 2022

Matt shelters from a CHROME SKY: The Three Devils (review)


CHROME SKY #1 The Three Devils

Steven Mcccumaskey (@EVCComicsBooks)

Reviewed by Matt Adcock (@Cleric20)


“What they had done had ignited something inside her and this was too much. Too great a sin, even for the Three Devils Gang.”


The future is going to be rough, I’m talking Mad Max crossed with Westworld kinda rough. Under the unrelenting Chrome Sy on a desolate planet, very bad things are happening. What would happen if an outlaw bounty hunter suddenly developed a conscience after leaving a young boy crippled in a robbery? 

Would this sword-wielding force of nature turn on the others of the gang, who have been only happy to steal her share of the loot and disappear into the gun-metal dunes of the great iron desert?


CHROME SKY: The Three Devils tells this ‘what if’ and it does it with considerable style. Steven ‘Metal Bastard Adventures’ Muccumaskey who writes and illustrates this tome. The art is dark and has a dangerous feel to it, being mostly black, grey, white and red. The characters are nicely created and look real mean in a silhouette. The action crackles with a whiplash energy that leaves you wanting more – as all good comics do.

I’ll be excited to see where this series goes next after this solid start!

The official blurb reads: A mythic cyberpunk western that fuses illustrated prose with dynamic comic book storytelling, Envision Comics presents... CHROME SKY. 

I had the chance to ask Steven some questions - read on if you dare to find out more about this creative force...

Matt: If scientists ever managed to create a giant mecha version of you – who or what would be your nemesis?

Steven: Rain - all that rust would cause no end of problems.


Matt: What is the most disturbing fictional scene you’ve ever read or watched in a book/film of any genre?

Steven: From Game of Thrones - Stannis Baratheon burning his daughter Shireen alive is something I could happily never watch again. Mine you, I could say the same about the end of the final season.


Matt: If you were hired to throw a parade of any scale or theme through the centre of London what type of parade would it be?

Steven: A thrash metal-themed parade that was essentially a massive moving metal festival through the streets. 🤘


Matt: You’re in a strange town with £100,000 that you have to spend in a single evening – talk me through what you get up to…

Steven: If this town is as strange as I think it is, I'll run for hills with that loot before someone tries to steal it and leave me for dead.


Matt: Who inspires you most (can be living or dead)?

Steven: Creatively - Cormac McCarthy.  My favourite writer for sure. Also, TV painter Bob Ross from the show The Joy of Painting - I love that guy! 


Matt: There’s a masked assailant with a gun to your head, who is most likely to be under the mask?

Steven: Probably my best friend putting me through the whole ordeal as a prank.


Matt: What is the meaning of life?

Steven: To do what you want to do, not what you think you're supposed to do. This isn't a rehearsal.


Matt: What was the best gift you’ve ever been given?

Steven: My wife put some of my comic art on a canvas once as a surprise birthday gift, which totally made me feel like a proper artist! 😆


Matt: If you could have a sidekick robot – what would it be able to do for you?

Steven: Impersonate me so convincingly that I would essentially have a secret clone my disposal.


Matt: What would you like written on your tombstone?

Steven: 'I'm too old for this shit.'



Out of a potential 5 - you have to go with a Darkmatters:

öööö

(4 - Reap the cyber-whirlwind!! )


Get your copy of CHROME SKY: The Three Devils


Imagine a world where the earth is becoming hell?

Click below to find out about my dark sci-fi novel...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Darkness-Darkmatters-Matt-Adcock/dp/0957338775

No comments: