DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Monday, June 22, 2015

Darkmatters Review: The Reaper


The Reaper 

Dir. Luke Mordue (@morduepictures)

Reviewed by Matt Adcock (@Cleric20)

"Every breath you take... 
                                            leads to me..."

Buckle up for a powerful short film experience - Luke Mordue's The Reaper is a cunning mash up of home invasion horror and thought provoking theological meaning of life contemplation!?

That's a combo I never thought I'd see brought to the screen but Mordue seems to be on a cinematic mission to mess with people's heads and fortunately, he's got a great eye for what makes film watchable - backed up by some good performances by Jamie 'soon to be in Essex Boys: Law of Survival' Hawes as unfortunate home owner Josh and Dana Smit who plays probably the best looking screen representation of The Grim Reaper to date...

"staring death in the face"

The Reaper is a disorientating punch to the guts, starting as a fairly standard burglar-em-up before moving the metaphysical goalposts and becoming a 'Tree of Life'-lite reflection on human existence and the hereafter.

Nice work all round - I'd recommend you check out The Reaper (prepare for some harsh language) but it's worth sticking with it to get the theologically challenging conclusion.

Out of a potential 5 you have to go with a Darkmatters:

öööö 

(4 - tasty, brain frazzling fun)

Watch The Reaper:



"nice promo"





No comments: