DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Matt is given an Unauthorised Absence (review)



An Unauthorised Absence

Sian Rose (@SianRoseAuthor)

Reviewed by Matt Adcock (@Cleric20)

"I'm sure you must have all heard the news, that one of our students has gone missing."

School eh? As a parent the one biggest worries was that my child wouldn't come home one day...
An Unauthorised Absence is a smart, engaging and suitably grim chiller of what happens when a girl is abducted from school - to complicate things it seems like everyone is lying and has something to hide.

Nelly might have been a bully and from a poor family but the storm caused by her disappearance sends shockwaves through the school community and beyond.



With a nicely twisted collection of suspects, the plot keeps piling on the tension, thrills, deaths and betrayals.

I asked Sian about her writing inspiration and she said:

"I LOVE creepy suspense thrillers that are filled with unpredictable twists. So my inspiration for writing An Unauthorised Absence was wanting to create one myself that would be as shocking as possible, with surprises in every chapter, so that readers would be constantly kept on their toes!

I went with the theme of a missing child because it's just about the scariest thing I can think of. I wanted my readers to be truly gripped and psychologically invested in the story.

For me, the story needed to take place in an outrageously scandalous community like Hillview. It's the ensemble of shady characters that make the book so unpredictable, and even though they're all so twisted, I found myself getting quite attached to them!"



This is highly addictive stuff which I would definitely recommend!!

It gets dark and nobody walks away without some kind of scar - if they walk away at all...

Treat yourself!

Out of a potential 5 - you have to go with a Darkmatters:

ööööö

(5 - High-class thrills that will break you...)


Buy your unauthorised absence here


Click this image for some more dark sci-fi !!



– Read what other people are saying about COMPLETE DARKNESS (here)




No comments: