DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Carter USM - Final Goodnight from Brixton


"Matt and Mike get mugged - 24 Minutes From Tulse Hill..."

Carter: The UNFORGETTABLE Sex Machine

It's taken me over a week to find the words with which to capture my feelings about the final ever Carter USM concert...

Date: 02 November 2007

Place: Brixton Academy - my favourite London venue,

Artist: Carter USM, my favourite ever band,

Company: Mike USM, one my oldest and dearest pals

Feeling: Euphoric, emotional and wasted...


"That's me... third head from the stage... thanks to whoever took this!!"

The 'Back In Bed' farewell gig sold out fast, we're talking under two hours and it was only advertised on fan website and email list... So it was that I joined 5,000 of the hardcore Cater fans who had come from all over the world to witness this final show, and it rocked so very very hard that I was literally 'blown away' - at least my ears were as I had a two day threshold shift - which was worse than even The Pixies (which was probably my loudest gig before this one).


"So awesome, they've still got it after 10 years of various non Carter activity"

Highlights for me were numerous - I've always loved 'The Music That Nobody Likes', 'Do Re Me - So Far, So Good', 'Shoppers Paradise' and 'G I Blues' and Carter did them proud...

Check this:

Such great tunes...

"Another of my quickly snatched shots... it was a mental camera unfriendly moshpit!"

The dynamic duo played for 2 hours and picked off some cracking tracks - covers of 'Rent' and 'This is How it Feels' were just superb and real added value. The set list spanned mostly their earlier albums (101 Damnations, 30 Something, 1992: The Love Album and Post Historic Monsters) with a couple from Worry Bomb but where was 'And God Created Brixton??????'

"Not a dry eye in the house!! There's still a lot of love out there for Carter"


"Goodnight Jimbob... So long Fruitbat!"

This was the end:

Fondly remembered forever: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HgWp5Ee8JGg

Some other write ups: http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/071108/33/21tbr.html

http://kingbobbysix.blogspot.com/2007/11/carter-usm-at-brixton-academy.html

Darkmatters: H O M E

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey man, please feel free to use any of my photos. It was a great night eh?

thestowe said...

i too have a pic stood outside the Academy - http://www.etribes.com/thestowe?from=10

glad you like my video!!!