DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Matt Brings Eternal Sunshine To His Wife...


What scenes appear where'er I turn my view? The dear ideas, where I fly, pursue, Rise in the grove, before the altar rise, Stain all my soul, and wanton in my eyes.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd...

To dream once more I close my willing eyes; Ye soft illusions, dear deceits, arise!

Selected exerts from Alexander Pope’s Eloisa to Abelard

"cheap B&B's in Skegness are liable to disappear in the night!"

Watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind snuggled up with my lovely wife last night... It was her first time, and I'm glad to say that she loved it!!

Great film - and best Kirsten Dunst scene ever (you know the one)...

Read the whole poem here: http://quotations.about.com/b/a/080763.htm

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Great poem and great flick. Glad I was able to see this one in the theatre with my wife. Good date movie.