DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Friday, April 08, 2005

Serenity Film - Also a comic !?

I’m getting very excited about the fact that Joss Whedon, of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame, is making his big-screen debut as writer/director with Serenity - follow-up to his wonderful cult-hit TV show Firefly… And today I heard that there will be a three issue comic miniseries based on the film…

The plot goes like this - the crew of Serenity once again find themselves broke and on the wrong side of a number of very large firearms, making the first issue a case study in how to mix intense, Whedon-style character interaction with cinematic action and violence. Artist Will Conrad and colourist Laura Martin paint a rough and wild world of adventure across a strange and dangerous universe…

Each issue is going to have three cover choices, one for each member of the Serenity crew, drawn by the biggest names in comics. Issue #1 features Mal by John Cassaday, Inara by J. G. Jones, and Jayne by Bryan Hitch.

Read what I thought of the TV series:
Firefly

No comments: