DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Film Review: Robots


"nuts as far as the eye can see"

Robots (U)
Dir. Chris Wedge

Reviewed by Matt Adcock


Finally got to catch this one with my boys (who absolutely loved it) and it’s a fun waste of time which works on a pleasing level for adults as well as the requisite slapstick fun for the younger viewer. Fart gags, battle scene, throw-away comedy lines by the likes of Robin Williams – all present and correct.

Great moments include line like Rodney’s dad – looking at his new baby robot:
“He's got your moms eyes and my dads nose. I knew we were smart to save those parts.”

Or when Bigweld - whilst being repaired by Rodney, a la Hal in 2001: A Space Odyssey sings: “Daaaisy... Daaaaissy... Giive mee yoour aaaanswer truuuue.”

And in this current climate of Star Wars Episode III anticipation – my kids lapped up the bit where one of the robots puts in a Darth Vader voice box and states that: “The force is strong in this one…”


"you know the fun part is 'making' the baby!"


You don’t need to know what it’s about – just go and see it – this is one film that delivers nicely across the board.


Darkmatt Rating: ööö (riveting stuff)

2 comments:

Gledster said...

I loved it. I thought it was clever, brilliantly funny in some places (but then, I have a strange soft-spot for Robin Williams that isn't shared by many people) and just damn good fun.

The fact that I saw it with my then girlfriend was cool too.

jackvh2001@gmail.com said...

Robots: 2005: TM, ® & Copyright © [YEAR] Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation All rights reserved. "Twentieth Century Fox", "Twentieth Fox", "Twentieth", "Fox" and their associated logos are the property of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX, TWENTIETH FOX, TWENTIETH, FOX and associated logos are trademarks of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and its related entities.