DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Monday, May 16, 2005

Star Wars Episode III Spoiler Free Review


"Matt's journey to the Dark Side of the Force is complete..."

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (12a)

Reviewed by Matt Adcock

Powerful, is the lure of the dark side…


And so here it is, the final prequel, the culmination of the epic Star Wars saga, so many hopes are resting on this one, so many fears that it might be duff… Can Lucas save the series with a glorious final part of the jigsaw or will it all end in tears and fan-boy recriminations?I have to quickly declare an interest here – I am a Star Wars fan, I confess that I did name my firstborn son Luke with the express intention of being able to put on my best Darth Vader voice and tell him “Luke, I am your father”, so at least you’ll have some idea of how much I love the original trilogy…

Revenge of the Sith picks up the story with the war between the Separatists and the Republic still raging and Chancellor Palpatine having been kidnapped by new kick-ass baddie General Grievous (a robot / alien fusion that hunts Jedi for sport, wheezes like an asthmatic in a pollen storm, fights with four lightsabers and stalks about in a most excellently ‘evil’ way). So Jedi Knights Obi Wan and Anakin Skywalker are sent to save the Chancellor and they get more than they bargained for when they run into an old enemy... From then on we get to see the seduction of Anakin by the dark side of the Force, the destruction of the Jedi and the greatest lightsaber duel of all time – I tell you, cinema just doesn’t get much better than this!!

Lucas has delivered a megaton hit of movie wonder, that completes the saga in grand style and more than makes up for any disappointment the first two prequels generated.Episode III is certainly the darkest yet, and it may be just a little too grim for very young children but having seen it, I’ll be taking my son Luke who’s 8 and if you’re a concerned parent – I’d urge you to trust your feelings.
Of course there are things that some won’t like – much of the acting is still plank wooden or wildly over the top to go along with the stupid dialogue…
But I’ve a feeling that this time even the Vader haters out there will have to get down on bended knee and acknowledge that Revenge of the Sith is potentially the most marvellous, entertaining and all round satisfying film to hit the screens this year…

The Force is very definitely back and it rules!!

LINK eM IF YOU GOT eM:

Matt's Full Review: Revenge Of Sith

My Immediate Reaction and photo with Stormtroopers

Was Jesus A Jedi?

Link to other Star Wars Darkmatters posts inc. Darth Vader's Blog!!

No comments: