DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Matt geeks out with Napoleon Dynamite


"Nerdalicious... the awesome Mr Napoleon Dynamite"

Napoleon Dynamite (PG)
Dir. Jared Hess

Reviewed by Matt Adcock

There’s geek in my head, he’s doing his thing, he looks a bit odd and he’s not conforming to a goddamn thing… Gosh, outside Alphaville play their 80’s pop but I’m grooving to The Promise by When in Rome… There’s that puppy fat and shy but still kind of adorable Deb, she’s waiting for me to make her day, but gosh, I’m just thinking about my skills… Funky Uncle Rico has a scheme, my nerdtastic brother Kip is buying it when not cyber chatting to his 'soul mate' but me, I’m practicing my, like, nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... I'm telling you that girls only want boyfriends who have great skills…
Want to see a drawing I did? Scroll on down... Cos I’m like the best person I know at drawing creatures and stuff.Well, gosh, gotta go, come over anytime – you can play me at swingball…


As Adrian Hennigan over at the BBC says: "Jon Heder shines as the titular loser who actually thinks he's too cool for school; you'll be rooting for him throughout his close encounters of the nerd kind."

Darkmatt Rating: ööö (more quality geek for your dollar than you might expect)


"check my artistry skills dudes... pretty sweet huh?"

Darkmatters: H O ME

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Napoleon Dynamite has truly become my wife and my current cult classic. We fell in love with this dumb, dumb film the first time we watched it on pay-per-view and had to run out and get in on DVD. It has been the must-quote movie in our household off and on over the last several months and we've done our best to convert our friends over to our sickness!