DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Sleeping Beauty - Little Britain Style


"don't fancy yours much"
Grandma 'A' took the family to see Sleeping Beauty - as an après Christmas "treat" ...
This version of the enchanting tale had Princess Aurora (Lucy Sinclair) cursed by the Wicked Fairy Carabosse (Toyah Willcox) - who interrupts the Princess’ christening and declares that the beautiful baby will one day prick her finger blah blah and only the kiss of a prince (Jack Ryder) can awake her...
So far, so average but the cast went for it with serious vigour - and it kind of worked better than it had any right to mostly because Dave Lee (far left in photo above) played his 'Dame' choc full of Little 'I'm a Lady' Britain references - unusual fun for a cold Saturday afternoon.

No comments: