DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Monday, January 03, 2005

Tsunami death toll - no words adequate

We live in strange and disturbing times...

I'm still struggling to comprehend just how it can be that 140,000 people can lose their lives in one terrible act of nature, as the confirmed death toll from the Indian Ocean earthquake is still rising more than a week after the disaster...
It's overly glib to even try and offer any meaningful comment on it...
For the survivors and the aid workers - we can only give our funds and our prayers...

Inadequate in so many ways but my bible reading had this blessing in it which I what I would wish for those who have suffered:
'May the LORD bless you and protect you. May the LORD give you his peace.'
Numbers 6 vs 24-26

No comments: