DARKMATTERS - The Mind of Matt

You met me at a very strange time in my life...

Read my novel: Complete Darkness

Listen to the PODCAST I co-host: Hosts in the Shell

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Dakota... just excellent stuff from the Stereophonics


"just beautiful"

Do you ever get a song in your head - one that changes your world and has to be repeat played like a drug?
I have that every now and then - now it's Dakota which my lovely wife spotted some time before it hit the top of the UK charts this week...

The lyrics go something like this:

Thinking about thinking of you Summertime think it was June Yeah think it was June
Laying back, head on the grass Chewin gum having some laughs Yeah having some laughs
You made me feel like the one Made me feel like the one The one You made me feel like the one Made me feel like the one The one
Drinking back, drinking for two Drinking with you When drinking was new
Sleeping in the back on my car We never went far Needed to go far
You made me feel like the one Made me feel like the one The one You made me feel like the one Made me feel like the one The one

I don't know where we are going now I don't know where we are going now

Wake up cold coffee and juice Remembering you What happened to you?
I wonder if we'll meet again Talk about us since then? Talk about why did it end?
You made me feel like the one Made me feel like the one The one You made me feel like the one Made me feel like the one The one

I don't know where we are going now I don't know where we are going now

So take a look at me now...

The dub version on the CD single is awesome too!!
My PSP's 'repeat play' function is getting a lot of use...

No comments: